The Skip Byron Primary Program (SBPP), located on the historic Henry Ohlhoff House campus in San Francisco, provides adult alcohol and chemical dependency treatment through our highly structured, 30-day clinical program for the beginning stages of recovery. We offer a unique combination of services that are an affordable alternative to expensive hospital rehabilitation.
Residential Treatment (also referred to as inpatient) has 24-hour staff supervision and is designed for men who need a stable environment to begin their recovery. Comfortable living quarters and nutritious meals enhance the client’s sense of well-being while they reside at our program overnight.
Intensive Day Treatment
SBPP also offers Intensive Day Treatment (also referred to as Partial Hospitalization) for 7 days a week for up to 30 days. This program is integrated with the residential program, yet it is designed for men and women who have a safe and sober living environment off campus that they can return to in the evenings after treatment.
- Individualized treatment planning
- Daily alcohol and chemical dependency educational groups
- Psychiatric care
- Individual and group counseling
- 12-Step participation and education
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Art/Drama therapy
- Recreational therapy (tennis, arts outings, etc.)
- Yoga and meditation
- Nutrition education
- Family group therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Discharge planning
- Routine random drug and alcohol testing
- Aftercare services (including regular weekly group meetings with a requirement of continued participation in 12-Step meetings. Continuing individual and family therapy is also available.)
Criteria for Admission:
The program is a post-acute/post-detox facility; potential clients are assessed and must be medically stable and not in need of medical detoxification. Therefore, clients are admitted with a minimum of 24 hours of sobriety.
- Beautiful city campus, near families and recreation
- Small onsite gym
- High staff to client ratio
- Small number of clients
- A personal care environment
- Continuum of care
- Professional, highly trained staff
- Managed Care Preferred Provider
- Credit cards welcome
Please call us for more information about joining the program.
Tel (415) 621-4388 | Fax (415) 621-6219
601 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94117